Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Best Piece of Furniture I've Ever Purchased

This piece is from Ikea. It is the Expedit bookcase/sideboard. It is the most functional showcase organizational tool I've ever come across. For only $79.99 this piece is definitely worth the price! I currently use mine as a desk...but the sky is the limit with this diverse piece of furniture. Some ideas: a room divider (because it is open it won't block light from flowing through the room), a TV console or a gallery if you collect ceramics.
In a small space storage is ALWAYS an issue. These magazine boxes were 2 for $10 at Ikea. They conceal your unattractive piles of cds, dvds, papers, and books.  The low cost of these storage bins allows you to change them out with different colors or patterns if you get tired of the same look. These bins easily collapse so they can be stored inside another bin.

Organization does not have to be boring. You can enhance the look of bulky storage bins by complementing them with fun expressive accents you've come to collect. I have a bunch of books so it's nice to be able to showcase my favorites and it adds a pop of color :)

I hope you enjoy this piece as much as I have!

1 comment:

  1. I just thought of another great use for this piece...a bar with fun shelves to stock an assortment of glasses, decanters, or cocktail tools! Very chic :)

    ReplyDelete